Thursday, September 18, 2008

Plants


We're driving down the road towards Groff's Plant Farm.
Past Amish in horse drawn carts
cornfields
unknown emerald green crops
fruit stands
over the Conowingo Dam (cool!)

Dave points over the bridge at the rocks and tells me about
climbing around with a friend and fishing down there.
All I can think is
BROKEN ANKLE!
JUTTING SHIN BONE!
CALL 911!
PAIN!
HUMILIATION!
I just KNOW I'd
break my ankle
I can feel the gash in my shin now
News Headline- Woman Falls Off 2" Precipice
and NEEDS 800 STITCHES!!

We get there and start walking through greenhouse
after greenhouse- it is sticky and disgusting out, but the
endless variety makes it worth it. (Groff's is insanely
affordable so worth the time and drive)
It's hard to know which way to go, so I just start picking out
anything that jumps out at me.

Auggie chases after me down the aisles- arms spread wide
head thrown back
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I guess the joy of greenhouses is contagious.

No comments: