Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nice Time/Rotten Weekend


Auggie helped put together his new table and toddler
bed. He twisted the screwdriver,
helped put the dowels in the holes, and banged the wrench
on anything that would make noise. Oh, and climbed on my
back whenever I bent to get something.

Saturday night
Rainforest Cafe
What a STUPID idea!!
Large groups of children screamed around pushed
together tables while skinny nervous mothers circled.

In the waiting area we watched the fish in the giant
aquarium. Auggie pointed and talked and smiled and looked
amazed at all the fish. After that it was downhill...

We were seated under giant elephants that stomped,
thumped and trumpeted. Fake thunderstorms
combined with these huge animals to completely terrorize
my son. He looked up at these giant blinking horrors with
wide eyes and a quivering chin.
We are talking PTSD traumatized here.
He'll be in therapy someday...
So I ate a salad by myself while Dave walked around with the
baby seeking distraction.

At home, I got ready for bed, but the horrors were not over.
I put on my pj's
brush my teeth
and get the mouthwash
I take a swig and
OH MY GOD it SHOOTS UP MY NOSE!!
!)!JeSUEOFLSFLER EEE

The off name brand apparently has a thinner plastic
bottle and was very full. When I went to have some I accidentally
squeezed the bottle and the stuff shot up my nose.

It was like snorting
FIRE
LAVA
DRANO

I ended up snorting water to try to rinse it, but that didn't
help.

For the next 1 1/2 hours I lay in bed pinching my nostrils shut
because it hurt less that way.

OH THE HORRORS!

Somehow it still felt like a good weekend.

3 comments:

ArEn said...

I am screaming with laughter. Thanks again for reminding me how hard it is to be you.

Kathleen said...

marni.
you effing crack me up.
seriously sister.
i can't stand it!!!!!

i love that you are my friend.

damnit i can't stop laughing...

Bob said...

I get such visuals. I almost just did a spit take with my coffee.