Monday, June 1, 2009

20 Weeks!!

20 weeks!
Halfway there!

The tech was very energetic and quick, but
we saw lots of pictures. Auggie repeated after
Dave.."Baby!"

The tech talked through the ultrasound to explain
what we were seeing.

There is a hand over baby's face
Oh, there, I can see all four fingers, can you see?
There! Can you see the heart pumping?
Hmmm, I can't see if it is a girl or a boy.

She takes the wand and wiggles it on my belly until the
baby starts moving.
Finally she stops and says THERE!!
What do you think?
I look and start laughing.
Clearly we are having a boy!

I look over at Dave "It's another boy!"
Dave says "Yay!" "Auggie, you're going to have a brother!"

Later, we're driving home in the car and I say
"Auggie, you're going to have a little brother!!"
There is a slight pause and he says very matter of factly
"No, I'm not"

Maybe he'll get used to the idea later.

No comments: