Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall


Yesterday I watched as Auggie mowed the lawn
with his toy mower. The air was crisp and the sun
shined in his hair lighting him up. I didn't have my
camera, but I have a snapshot in my mind complete
with the smell of the day and the smell of his neck as
I hugged him tight.

He is heartachingly beautiful, curious, playful, devious.

He stands in the sandbox screaming DAISY!!! DAISY!!
and throws her ball when she comes near. He giggles and
shouts with delight when she chases it down.

He steals my phone, pushing buttons, looking alarmed
when he hears ringing on the other end.
"Give mama the phone"
He ignores me
I stand up and move towards him
He throws the phone and runs in the opposite direction

Where did he learn THAT?

He's a beast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think "beast" MUST mean "Golden boy" in some language!!!!

Love, golden boy's grandmom